About Dubai Bus
The Public Transport Agency provides public bus services with a large fleet of 1,518 buses. PTA operates an extended bus network of 119 internal lines, including 35 lines linking to metro stations, 12 intercity lines to transport passengers to other emirates, 62 internal lines and 8 fast lines. The network covers 82% of the urban areas in Dubai, and transports about 369,248 passengers per day.
Facilities include facilities for public transport services, 17 fully equipped stations for buses and 2185 bus stands, including 554 air-conditioned waiting areas for passengers, and most bus stops include all information regarding bus timings and schedule dates.
Plan your Journey
Convenience for the commuters has always been a prime focus of the Dubai bus service, and in that regard, below are the accessibility services that are available for the bus users:
Rules & etiquette
- While waiting at the bus stop, stay out of the bus stopping area. Please signal the bus to stop.
- Stay away from the bus doors till the driver opens them to allow you to board.
- Board the bus through the front door and alight from the rear. Ladies and children may alight from the front door.
- Do not engage in conversation or arguments with the bus driver.
- Do not play or operate any musical instrument or sound reproducing equipment to the annoyance of other passengers or the bus driver.
- Do not beg or solicit any favours while on the bus.
- If you wish to alight at an authorized bus stop, press the stop bells.
- Do not attempt to leave the bus until the bus comes to a complete halt.
- Bulky luggage, hazardous/obnoxious materials and animals are not allowed inside the bus.
- Do not place your luggage in the gangway.
300 per day up to 100
Unaccompanied Minors Policy:
number of buses 170
Number of buses 935
number of buses 339